Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Donate blood

If you can handle needles and are physically healthy, giving blood is truly a gift that you can give to others.

I've gone twice now and have been rejected twice because I don't have enough iron. However, I am not going to give up! The Red Cross website says that most people that are turned down to donate blood are turned down because of temporary reasons, like not enough iron, sometimes due to what you've had to eat the last few days.

Giving blood is also VERY safe. The needles and bags are never re-used. The staff asks you questions but are all kept confidential.

Plus, I've noticed everyone is so friendly! If you're having a bad day and need to be around happy people, go give blood and chat it up with the receptionist. She'll probably ask if you'd like some water. They're so nice.

Go to Givelife.org to find a location near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.