Sunday, February 08, 2009

Visit the new Academy of Science

The Academy of Science is located in Golden Gate Park. This San Francisco favorite had a complete makeover and from what I've heard, is looking pretty good. Some of my old favorites are still there, like the T-Rex skeleton and the African hall, while new additions, like the Living Roof and updated technologies and make this museum modern and eco-friendly.

The science museum has free admission every third Wednesday of the month. If you have time off from work or school, I'd definitely head to the Academy of Science and spend some quality time in the Steinhart Aquarium, Morrison Planetarium, and the Hearst 3-D Theater.

I have yet to go since it was remodeled, but I'll be the first one in line on the third Wednesday in May. School's out. I wonder if they still sell those lollipops with the grasshopper in the middle. Yuck. Brings back memories of truth or dare after a third grade field trip.

The Academy of Science hours are:
Monday-Saturday 9:30am-5:00pm
Sunday 11:00am-5pm

Visit the website at www.calacademy.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.